People Make The World Go 'Round

Currently, we’re between the two weekends of the festival. I’ve been using this time to decide what I want to do for my essay.

When taking WIA last year at the Bendigo Writers Festival I wanted to make my topic centred around People. I felt strongly that the Bendigo Festival, and all other festivals, were as successful as they were because of the various types of people involved.

When deciding which events I went to in Bendigo, I was mostly looking at the writers that were presenting. I was choosing where to go based on the people. At the end of each session, the writers would thank the audience for coming, and they would also thank the event staff that were making the whole event run smoothly. So again, the people here were the main focus for everyone.

 I brought my girlfriend with me to the Shepparton Festival last weekend and I’m going again next weekend with a couple of friends. It’s always more enjoyable when I can share these events with other people.

As a writer, I’m also focusing on people, like my audience. When writing I’m usually thinking about the target demographic or the people I’d choose to read my drafts or help make edits. For each piece of writing, I usually have another four or five people to thank for bringing it to fruition.


Having all the experiences from both festivals, I’m sure that people make the festival what it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home

Never A Truer Word Spoken

A New Adventure!